Monday, July 13, 2009

Yup, one more down 2 more to go...that's the current team count!

I am enjoying this summer. I am exhausted at the end of every team, but I love that I get to see God change people right in front of my eyes. Sometimes He strengthens their faith, other times He teaches them what love really looks like. Its such a privilege.

This past outreach brought back a few of our favorite teams...call them "all-stars" if you will. I think i love these teams so much because of their leaders. I never really paid much attention to the time and effort it takes to put together a good mission team, but now that i am on the "receiving end", i truly appreciate all the hard work that happens to make great teams!!! Thanks so much for coming again...Lourdes, Kyle, Dawn, Vito, and Becky!!!!

During this past outreach we had a bit of a crisis. One of the team leaders, Pat, was seriously injured during an excursion to a local river. He was med flighted back to the states on Thursday and will be in surgery this Wed to repair damage to his neck. Please pray for Pat and for complete healing. Pray that his testimony would increase the faith of those around him and those who were with him here in the DR.

One last piece of news...probably the best (you know "saving the best for last"). In one of our therapy sessions during this outreach, Nelito started telling me the story of God. As we talked, i asked if he had ever asked Jesus into his heart. He said no, but when i asked if he wanted to pray with me he said yes!!!! It was such a neat moment to hear him in sincerity invite Jesus in!!!! My students and i agree that is was our favorite moment of the whole outreach!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment