Monday, June 29, 2009

Every group is different!!! I never know what to expect from a new group except what groups before have shown me and often those ideas can get in the way of what God wants to do in the new group.

This last group surprised me. Day one we were having lunch and i was straining to hear them talk because they were all so soft spoken...for those that know me well, lets just say they are the opposite of me! I began to think..."hmm, wonder how this is going to work out" or "its gonna be a quiet 2 weeks". They did not change in demeanor, but this group connected well in the community.

We spent the first of our 3 visits to Melvin's house sharing testimonies. This has to be one of my favorite things to do with my groups because i feel like i get to know them so much better by hearing their stories. About 5 minutes into Melvin's testimony, i see the team leader who was with us that day start to tear up. I began to think God was really going to do something, and He did. The girls shared from the heart and I think it went a long way towards unifying us as a team for the 2 weeks they were here!

Unfortunately, i have no photos because i have been doing a horrible job at carrying my camera with me! As soon as the girls post photos on facebook, i will share!!!!

thanks for all of your prayers during the summer. I am keeping up energy wise and other than a cold, i have not been sick!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yea for team unity! I was just telling some people about you and your work in the DR the other day. Turns out they heard about you through the Little Rock grapevine. Miss you bunches. Can't wait to see you again.

    ReplyDelete