Monday, June 1, 2009

One down five to go

Its summer time!!!! That means summer outreaches. 6 two-week outreaches back to back! Its a lot of work and takes a lot of energy but its one of the things I love most about my job!!! I not only get a chance to work with my kids but I get to help students discover more of what God wants from their lives. Some times that means they go home to study therapy. Sometimes they leave appearing to have experienced very little change. Sometimes I get to enter into the hardest areas of their lives and bring hope and encouragement! Its a big job and I love it!

We finished the first team a couple of days ago and I am so happy with how well it went. I was able to connect well with the students and we were able to find and evaluate two kids in the community, start a kids Bible study, and fit lots of hand splints and AFO's in the process!!! no wonder all i wanted to do this weekend was sleep!!!

Here are some photos


Melvin got a new Bible for his birthday


Kids working on their coloring sheet after Bible study


Everyone after "class"



If determination can do it Vanesa will walk!!!



The therapy and special ed teams


This is what can happen when the "Americanas" eat dinner in the community and turn on some music!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures. Hope your busy season is light-hearted and fun. Love you.

    ReplyDelete