Friday, December 24, 2010

from my Christmas update

Dear Friends and Family,


I am reminded as I sit here at my aunt's house (covered in blankets), how truly blessed I have been this year. This year has not been without its struggles, but it has also been full of blessings. God continues to be more than faithful in my life. He has given me more than I ever deserved in the gift of His Son, and for that (and for so much else), I am thankful. This year he blessed me with visits from friends, abundant provision for my knee surgery, amazing student, interns, and semester program students, special time with family, and deep friendships. I am blessed!

As I look to next year I am confident in His provision and excited to see some change. I will begin study for a Master of Arts in Teaching Special Education, through Liberty University online. I feel that God has given me a vision to start special education schools in other countries with Students International. In praying and dreaming of what these schools would look like, I realized that I do not know the first thing about working in a classroom. I feel like that knowledge will be vital to creating schools that not only give kids with disabilities a loving, safe environment, but also will make an impact on their learning and independence in life. Please pray with me as I begin my studies that I will be diligent and learn the material that I will need.

Many people have asked me recently "how long will you be staying in the DR?" My answer to that question has always been, "until God moves me elsewhere", but I feel that with this new vision for starting other schools, and school of my own on the horizon, that my time in the DR will be coming to a close. I do NOT have any specifics in mind at this point, but I am praying that God will supply someone who will continue the work of the Developmental Therapy site, so that I will be released to go and start a new school. Please pray with me that God will send the person He has designed to continue this work. Please also understand that I have no immediate plans to leave the DR. I am waiting on God's timing. It is because I covet your prayers that I am sharing this information. This is by no means an announcement of my departure from the DR. I have committed to God and to Students International to stay until God makes His provision clear.

Next year looks to be full of teams and continued opportunity to further the spread of the Gospel through our ministry sites and our work with students. Please pray for myself, and all of our staff, that we would continue to return to the source of our strength, Jesus, for the wisdom, knowledge, discernment, grace, peace, and joy that we will need to be His hands and feet!

I pray that you are enjoying this Christmas season with your family and friends. I will be in the USA until mid January if you would like to get together for coffee or just to chat!

MERRY CHRISTMAS,

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment