Friday, January 28, 2011

new year new job

Nothing like transitioning back into a familiar yet still mildly unfamiliar environment and being asked to do something completely new. Ever had that pit in you stomach, anxiety of the unknown, and yet still some excitement for the possibilities? Well that pretty much sums up the last couple of weeks for me.

I am now the director of Centro Especial Genesis. For personal reasons, Fausto decided to step down as director. This left a huge hole, and the leadership of SI asked me to step in as interem director. So here I am at the end of week two. I haven't drown and no kids or teachers have been injured. The student team seems happy and overall I think its been a great 2 weeks.

In many ways I felt completely unprepared. Isn't that like God? I think He often throws me into the unknown so I will be completely dependent on Him. Why you might ask? Well, my theory is that He wants all the glory. Not because he is selfish but because He is God and is worthy of all the glory...oh so much more worthy than I am of any glory.

So it began. I have been learning the ropes, and like a lot of jobs that involve supervising others, I have spent a large majority of my time putting out little fires here and there. I have learned the water system for the school, discovered that 30+ people generate a lot of trash, learned that the most basic budget for a school is pretty big, and I have been more than grateful for all the help and support I have received in the last 2 weeks!

Its definitely a new journey, one i am sure will not be without its ups and downs, but i am excited for the challenge and grateful for the opportunity to lean more completely on my heavenly father!

No comments:

Post a Comment